What Are The Uses Of N-Acetylcysteine?
Used to treat abnormal, viscid, or inspissated mucous secretions in the following conditions:
- Acute and Chronic broncho-pulmonary Diseases
- Pulmonary Disturbances due to the cystic fibrosis or associated with surgery
- Tracheostomy Care
- Post-traumatic chest conditions
- Treating mucous obstruction
- Used during anaesthesia
- N- Acetylcysteine is an anti-oxidant that treats cetaminophen (Tylenol) poisoning by binding the poisonous acetaminophen formed in the liver.
What Are The Side Effects Of N-Acetylcysteine?
Some of the common side-effects of N-acetyl cysteine are:
What Are The Contraindications Of N-Acetylcysteine?
Not to be used in the following conditions:
- Fructose Intolerance
- Pregnancy and Lactation
- Glucose-galactose malabsorption syndrome & sucrose deficiency