What Are The Uses Of Neomycin?
Neomycin is used in the treatment of following conditions:
- To reduce risk of infections after intestinal surgery
- Bacterial infections
- Hepatic encephalopathy (brain problems)
What Are The Side Effects Of Neomycin?
The common side effects of neomycin are:
Sometimes severe ( but rare) side effects may be:
- Numbness/tingling of legs
- Weakness, difficulty in walking
- Muscle twitching, seizures
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Neomycin?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hyper sensitivity towards the drug neomycin or any other allergies.
- Intestinal problems
- Hearing problems
- Parkinson’s disease
- Kidney problems