What Are The Uses Of Nevirapine?
Nevirapine is used in the treatment of following conditions:
- To control HIV infection
- To lower the complications raised due to increase in HIV infection.
What Are The Side Effects Of Nevirapine?
The common side effects of nevirapine are:
Sometimes severe (but less common) side effects are:
- Sudden weight loss
- Muscle aches, weakness
- A severe headache, vision changes
- Joint pain
- Signs of infection
- Irregular heart beat
- Paralysis, nerve problems
- Changes in body fat.
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Nevirapine?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug nevirapine or any other allergies
- Kidney dialysis
- Liver problems
- Lactose (or) galactose intolerance