What Are The Uses Of Nicotine?
Nicotine is the key ingredient in tobacco products. Quitting tobacco results in withdrawal symptoms. Nicotine in form of gums or lozenges helps in overcoming withdrawal symptoms.
What Are The Side Effects Of Nicotine?
Some of the common side-effects include:
- Nausea, vomiting
- Headache, Dizziness
- Dry mouth
- Mouth ulcers, burning sensation in mouth
- Increased saliva in mouth
- Throat irritation
- Unusual taste
What Are The Contraindications Of Nicotine?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Severe kidney problem
- Severe liver disease
- Heart disease (heart failure, angina, disturbed heart rate and others)
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Phaeochromocytoma (a kind of tumor in adrenal gland)
- Overactive thyroid gland
- Oesophagus inflammation, gastritis
- Duodenal ulcer
- Stomach ulcer
- Throat problems since long
Difficulty in breathing due to bronchitis or asthma