What Are The Uses Of Nicoumalone?
Nicoumalone, an anticoagulant, is used in the treatment of following conditions:
- To treat deep vein thrombosis (blood clotting occurring due to irregular heart rhythm, post artificial heart valve implantation
- To treat pulmonary embolism (blockage due to blood clots in one of the pulmonary arteries).
What Are The Side Effects Of Nicoumalone?
The most common side effects of Nicoumalone are:
- Nausea, vomiting.
- Continuous bleeding.
Sometimes severe ( but rare) side effects are:
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Nicoumalone?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hyper sensitivity towards the drug Nicoumalone or any other allergies.
- Any cerebrovascular disease.
- Amy blood disorder
- Kidney disease
- Liver disease
- Congestive heart failure
- Overactive or underactive thyroid
- Blood disorders
- Catheters in the body
- Bleeding problems,
- Oedema (swelling of the legs/arms)
- Low levels of vitamin K in blood
- Recent or planned surgery/procedures