What Are The Uses Of Nitrazepam?
Nitrazepam is used for treating short-term insomnia, mainly difficulty falling asleep, early or frequent awakening. It belongs to a class of benzodiazepines.
Sometimes, when other medications do not work, it is also used for the treatment of epilepsy.
Nitrazepam should not be given to elderly people or children below 18 years of age.
What Are The Side Effects Of Nitrazepam?
Some of the common side-effects include:
- Depression of central nervous system
- Depressed mood
- Fatigue, ataxia
- Rage, violence
- Vertigo, headache
- Memory or motor functions impairment, decrease in physical performance/ alertness, numbed emotions
- Feeling of hangover in the morning
- Muscle weakness
- Slurred speech
- Double vision
What Are The Contraindications Of Nitrazepam?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Pregnant or breastfeeding
- Any liver or kidney problems
- Acute porphyria (a blood disorder causing belly pain, skin blisters, brain or nervous system disorders)
- Myasthenia gravis
- History of drug of alcohol abuse
- Anxiety, depression or personality disorders
- Respiratory diseases