What Are The Uses Of Noradrenaline?
Noradrenaline is the main neurotransmitter of sympathetic nerves in the cardiovascular system. It constricts the blood vessels and increases blood pressure and blood glucose levels. It is used in the treatment of life-threatening low blood pressure. It is often used during cardio-pulmonary resuscitation and surgery.
What Are The Side Effects Of Noradrenaline?
Some common side effects that may be caused by the administration of Noradrenaline are:
- A headache, arrhythmias
- Anxiety, bradycardia
- Respiratory difficulty
- Pain, burning around the site of injection
- Speech, vision or balance difficulties
- Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Noradrenaline?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug Noradrenaline or any other allergies.
- Blockage or closing off blood vessel
- Blood clots
- Decreased blood volume