What Are The Uses Of Norfloxacin?
Norfloxacin is used for treating a variety of bacterial infections like urinary tract infections and prostate infections.
What Are The Side Effects Of Norfloxacin?
Some of the common side effects of norfloxacin are:
- Chronic Trouble Sleeping
- Feel Like Throwing Up
- Infection or inflammation of Vagina
- Irritation of the Stomach or Intestines, Stomach Cramps, Diarrhoea
Less common side effects of norfloxacin are:
- Discharge from the Vagina
- Dry Mouth
- Feeling Weak
- Loss of Appetite
- Drug or Chemical-Induced Sensitivity to Sunlight
What Are The Contraindications Of Norfloxacin?
Pl. inform your doctor if you have/ had any of the following conditions:
- Lung transplant
- Pseudotumor serebri
- Epileptic Seizure
- Tingling or numbness or pain in hands or feet
- Retinal detachment
- Heart Transplant, inadequate blood flow to the heart muscle
- Very fast heartbeat
- Abnormal EKG with QT changes from Birth
- Prolonged Q-T Interval on EKG
- Hardening of the Arteries in brain
- Involuntary quivering
- Kidney transplant, severe renal impairment
- Inflammation/ rupture of the tendon
- Abnormal Liver Function Tests
- Glucose-6-Phosphate Dehydrogenase (G6PD) Deficiency
- Low levels of potassium in the blood
- Anaemia, decreased white blood cells, platelets