What Are The Uses Of NPH Human insulin?
NPH Human insulin also known as isophene is an intermediate-acting insulin that regulates blood sugar levels. It is prepared by mixing regular insulin and protamine along with zinc and phenol by recombinant DNA technology. It is used in the treatment of diabetes mellitus Type 2.
What Are The Side Effects Of NPH Human insulin?
Some common side effects that may after taking NPH Human insulin are:
- Injection site reactions like redness/itching/swelling
- Hypoglycaemia (low blood sugar)
- Low potassium levels in blood
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of NPH Human insulin?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug NPH Human insulin or any other allergies.
- Liver/ kidney disease, low potassium levels in blood
- Adrenal/pituitary gland problems, thyroid gland problems