What Are The Uses Of Oil of wintergreen?
Oil of wintergreen is an herbal product widely known for its medicinal properties. Some of its uses are:
- It acts as an analgesic, astringent, antiseptic, diuretic, carminative, stimulant.
- Reduces pain, stress
- Treats arthritis, asthma, convulsions, and flatulence.
- Relieves spasms in respiratory tract, congestion in chest, trouble breathing, spasmodic diarrhea
- Prevents infections
- Eliminates foul smell
- Lifts up the skin and prevents aging.
- Strengthens hair
- Promotes urination, blood circulation
- Helps in treating obstructed menstruation by opening up menstruation.
- Treats snake bites, dog bites, stings of poisonous insects, rotting wounds, sores, and ulcers.
What Are The Side Effects Of Oil of wintergreen?
The oil of wintergreen should never be taken orally as it is highly toxic. It may cause:
- Nausea, diarrhea
- Vomiting, confusion
- Stomach pain, headache
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Oil of wintergreen?
- Avoid oral intake.
- Children below 2 years should not use oil of wintergreen even topically.
- It should be strictly avoided during pregnancy or breastfeeding