What Are The Uses Of Opipramol?
Opipramol, an anti depressant, is used in the treatment of following conditions:
- Generalized anxiety disorders (GAD).
- Somatoform disorders (a category of mental disorders)
What Are The Side Effects Of Opipramol?
The most common side effects of opipramol are:
- Fatigue, nasal congestion, dry mouth.
- Dizziness, weight gain, constipation
- Skin rash.
- Decreased blood pressure.
Sometimes severe ( but rare) side effects are:
- Orthostatic hypotension.
- Ejaculation which is abnormal.
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Opipramol?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hyper sensitivity towards the drug opipramol or any other allergies.
- Acute urinary retention.
- Untreated narrow-angle glaucoma.
- Acute delirium
- Paralytic ileus
- Prostrate hypertrophy with residual urinary retention.