What Are The Uses Of Orlistat?
Orlistat is used for weight loss and reducing the risk of weight regain after recent weight loss. It works by blocking the absorption of some fat you eat.
It gives results only when it used in combination with low calorie food and exercise.
What Are The Side Effects Of Orlistat?
Common side-effects of orlistat are:
- Changes in bowl function
- Fatty, oily stool
- Urge to pass stool, poor bowl control
- Intestinal gas
- Some of the rare, but serious side-effects are:
Severe stomach ache
- Liver disease symptoms like vomiting, nausea
- Dark urine
- Yellow eye/ skin
What Are The Contraindications Of Orlistat?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Any kind of digestive problem
- Gallbladder problem
- Underactive thyroid
- Kidney disease
- Any kind of eating disorders