What Are The Uses Of Oseltamivir?
Oseltamivir, an antiviral agent, is used in the following conditions:
- Treatment of Influenza-A and Influenza-B
- To lessen the symptoms of flu such as nose block, fever/chills, tiredness, cough and sore throat.
This medication can be given as prevention to flu to people who reside with flu patients but it is not a perfect replacement for the flu vaccine.
What Are The Side Effects Of Oseltamivir?
The most common side effects of Oseltamivir are:
Some of the rare, but serious side effects observed in the administration of the drug are:
- Rash/swelling of face/itching
- Severe dizziness
- Trouble breathing
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Oseltamivir?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hyper sensitivity towards the drug oseltamivir or any other allergies.
- Renal failure/ under dialysis treatment
- Pregnancy/ breast feeding