What Are The Uses Of Oxalobacter formigenes?
Oxalobacter formigenes is an oxalate-degrading anaerobic, gram negative bacterium that lives in the large intestine. This is used in medicine and as dietary supplement as it:
- Metabolizes oxalate by using it as a primary energy source
- Reduces the urinary oxalate secretion, risk of developing kidney stones
- Prevents kidney stones, renal caliculi, chronic kidney disease or kidney failure
- Increases absorption of oxalate in the colon
- Maintains intestinal health
- Prevents growth of unnecessary bacteria
What Are The Side Effects Of Oxalobacter formigenes?
What Are The Contraindications Of Oxalobacter formigenes?