What Are The Uses Of Oxazepam?
Oxazepam, a short-to-intermediate acting benzodiazepine, is used in the treatment of following conditions:
- Insomnia (sleeplessness)
- Acute alcohol withdrawals
- Nervous tensions
What Are The Side Effects Of Oxazepam?
The common side effects of Oxazepam are:
- Nausea / vomiting / dizziness
- Blurred vision
- Abdominal pain
Sometimes severe (but rare) side effects observed are:
- Slurred speech
- Mental / mood changes
- Trouble in walking
- Increases / decreased interest in sex
- Dark urine
- Yellowing of eyes/skin
- Trouble in urination
- Trouble breathing
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Oxazepam?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hyper sensitivity towards the drug Oxazepam or any other allergies.
- Liver diseases
- Breathing problems (COPD, sleep apnea)
- Alcohol or drug abuse
- Breast feeding