What Are The Uses Of Oxcarbazepine?
Oxcarbazepine, an anticonvulsant, is used to treat the following conditions:
- Symptoms of epilepsy, reduce the frequency of epilepsy episodes
- Mood disorders such as bipolar disorders
What Are The Side Effects Of Oxcarbazepine?
The most common side effects of Oxcarbazepine are:
- Drop of sodium levels in body
- Nausea / lack of energy / tiredness / headache / confusion
- Changes in vision
- Difficulty in walking
- Excessive sleep/fatigue
Sometimes rare, but severe side effects could be:
- Swollen glands/sores around mouth, eyes, skin
- Skin rash / hives / fever
- Yellowing of skin and eyes
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Oxcarbazepine?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hyper sensitivity towards the drug Oxcarbazepine or any other allergies.
- Renal failure
- Mineral imbalance, low sodium in body
- Breast feeding