What Are The Uses Of Paclitaxel?
Paclitaxel, an anticancerous agent, is used in the treatment of following conditions:
- Cancers such as breast / lung / prostate gland / bladder / oesophageal / melanoma
- Kaposi’s sarcoma
What Are The Side Effects Of Paclitaxel?
The most common side effects of Paclitaxel are:
- Nausea / vomiting / dizziness
- Mouth sores
- Muscle pain / numbness
- Burning of hands and feet
- Temporary loss of hair
Sometimes severe side effects such as
Changes in blood pressure and heart rate
- Easy bleeding
- Coughing up blood may also be observed.
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Paclitaxel?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hyper sensitivity towards the drug paclitaxel or any other allergies.
- Blood disorders
- Cardiac problems
- Decrease of bone marrow efficiency
- Hepatic complications
- Blood pressure