What Are The Uses Of Palmitic acid?
Palmitic acid is a saturated fatty acid found both in plants and animals. Its major component is from palm oil. It is majorly used as an ingredient in the manufacture of soaps, skin care, and other cleaning products. It:
- Acts as a surfactant, emulsifying agent, emollient, cleansing agent.
- Increases fragrance of product.
- Moisturises the skin, improves dry and flaky skin.
- Treats psoriasis, eczema.
What Are The Side Effects Of Palmitic acid?
Palmitic acid is safe if used topically, but if consumed orally may increase the risk of cardiovascular diseases and liver diseases.
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Palmitic acid?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug palmitic acid or any other allergies.
- Oral intake