What Are The Uses Of Pantoprazole?
Pantoprazole is used for treating:
- Erosive esophagitis (damage caused to esophagus from stomach acid)
- Other conditions caused due to excessive stomach acid.
- It works by reducing the acid produced in stomach.
What Are The Side Effects Of Pantoprazole?
Some of the common side-effects include:
- Stomach pain, vomiting, gas, nausea
- Mild diarrhoea
- Joint pain.
Please inform your doctor immediately if you experience any allergic reaction of pantoprazole like itching, swelling on face, lips or difficulty in breathing.
What Are The Contraindications Of Pantoprazole?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Low magnesium levels in blood
- Severe liver disease
- Osteoporosis or osteopenia (Low bone mineral density).