What Are The Uses Of Papain?
Papain (also known as papaya proteinase I), is an enzyme present in mountain papaya and papaya. It:
- Reduces pain, inflammation.
- Relieves running nose, diarrhoea, sore throat, muscle soreness, shingles symptoms.
- Aids wound healing
- Prevents cancer
- Improves digestion
- Treats infected wounds, ulcers, sores, psoriasis, and hay fever.
What Are The Side Effects Of Papain?
Papain is usually safe, but sometimes it may cause side effects such as:
- Throat irritation
- Oesophageal perforation
- Allergic reactions, stomach irritation
- Skin blisters / irritation
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Papain?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards papain or any other allergies.
- Bleeding/clotting disorder