What Are The Uses Of Peginterferon alfa A?
Peginterferon alfa A is a conjugate of recombinant interferon (subtype A) and polyethylene glycol (PEG) which is an antiviral and antineoplastic agent used in the treatment of following conditions:
- Hepatitis C and B along with HIV – co-infection, normal levels of ALT, cirrhosis (chronic liver disease)
- T-cell lymphomas
- Middle-East respiratory syndrome
- Hepatitis E
What Are The Side Effects Of Peginterferon alfa A?
Some common side effects that may occur after taking peginterferon alfa A are:
- Injection site reactions such as redness/ swelling/itching
- Hair loss, trouble sleeping, nausea
- Depression, headache
- Fever, tiredness
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Peginterferon alfa A?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug peginterferon alfa A or any other allergies.
- Pregnancy, breastfeeding