What Are The Uses Of Pentazocine?
Pentazocine is used:
- For treating severe to moderate pains.
- As general anaesthesia before surgery.
It comes under the category of narcotic analgesics and may be habit forming.
What Are The Side Effects Of Pentazocine?
Common side-effects of pentazocine are:
- Hallucination, confusion, dizziness, sleepiness
- Anxiety or feeling of extreme cheerfulness
- Constipation, dry mouth
What Are The Contraindications Of Pentazocine?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Any type of lung disease or breathing problem
- Asthma or sulphite allergy
- Any history of brain tumour, head injury, or mental illness
- History of drug addiction or alcoholism
- Heart, liver, gallbladder, kidney disease