What Are The Uses Of Pentosan polysulfate?
Pentosan polysulfate is a semi-synthetic polysulfated xylan used in the treatment of following conditions:
- Interstitial cystitis/painful bladder syndrome (urinary bladder problems)
- Dyspareunia (painful intercourse)
- Nocturia (frequent urination at night)
What Are The Side Effects Of Pentosan polysulfate?
Some common side effects that may occur after taking pentosan polysulfate are:
- Stomach pain, insomnia, heartburn
- A headache, diarrhea, hair loss, rash
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Pentosan polysulfate?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug pentosan polysulfate or any other allergies.
- Thrombocytopenia (low platelet count)
- Liver problems
- Stomach/intestinal problems (ulcers, blockages)
- Any recent surgery