What Are The Uses Of Pentosan polysulfate sodium?
Pentosan polysulfate sodium is used in the treatment of following conditions:
- Bladder pain and discomfort caused by interstitial cystitis
- Bladder inflammation or irritation
It is an anticoagulant (blood thinner).
What Are The Side Effects Of Pentosan polysulfate sodium?
Some common side effects that may be caused by the administration of pentosan polysulfate sodium are:
- Bleeding from nose
- A headache, nausea
- Diarrhoea, stomach pain
- Hair loss, mild itching, skin rash
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Pentosan polysulfate sodium?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug pentosan polysulfate sodium or any other allergies.
- Any bleeding disorders
- Liver disease, blood vessel disorders
- Spleen disorders, stomach/intestinal problems