What Are The Uses Of Peppermint oil?
Peppermint oil is oil extracted from a hybrid mint plant called peppermint. It is most versatile essential oil because it can be used both topically and orally. It:
- Relieves a headache, stomach ache, muscle pain associated with fibromyalgia (muscle pain with no specific cause), scratchy throats, sinus, joint pain, allergy, sunburn, symptoms of polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), pain associated with teething.
- Reduces hunger, fever, skin inflammation, cavities, bad breath, nausea, symptoms of asthma and bronchitis.
- Prevents prostate cancer
- Treats colic, blocked airways in respiratory path, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Improves bloating, indigestion, rash, ivy poison, concentration and alertness in children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS).
What Are The Side Effects Of Peppermint oil?
Peppermint oil is usually safe, but in some cases, it may cause side effects such as:
- Mouth sores, heartburn
- A headache, flushing
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Peppermint oil?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards peppermint oil or any other allergies.
- Gastroesophageal reflux (stomach acid or bile irritating food pipelining)
- Gallbladder disorders
- A hiatal hernia, diarrhea