What Are The Uses Of Phenylpropanolamine?
- Used as a decongestant (for temporary treatment for a cough).
- Used as an expectorant (to loosen mucus in lungs)
It is used in the treatment of following conditions:
- Nasal congestion
- Itchy (or) watery eyes
- Runny nose
- Itchy nose (or) throat
- Allergic rhinitis
What Are The Side Effects Of Phenylpropanolamine?
The most common side effects of phenyl propanol amide are:
- Trouble sleeping, headache
- Dizziness, nausea, nervousness
Sometimes severe ( but rare) side effects are:
- Weakness, shaking
- Mental / mood changes
- Fast/irregular heartbeats
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Phenylpropanolamine?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hyper sensitivity towards the drug phenyl propanol amide or any other allergies
- High blood pressure
- Breathing problems
- Thyroid problems
- Trouble in urination
- Any heart problem