What Are The Uses Of Phosphoric Acid?
Phosphoric Acid, an inorganic mineral acid, is used:
- As an etching solution in orthodontics and dentistry for cleaning and roughening the surface of tooth where dental fillings or appliances need to be placed.
- As an ingredient in anti-nausea medications.
- In teeth whiteners, to eliminate plaque on the teeth.
What Are The Side Effects Of Phosphoric Acid?
Please check the concentration of this ingredient in your medicine before taking. Overconcentration may cause:
- Skin exposure symptoms like burning, rash, redness, blisters
- Inhalation exposure symptoms like burning sensation, shortness of breath and cough and sore throat.
- Eye exposure symptoms like redness, pain, blurred vision. In severe cases, it can also cause blindness.
- Ingestion exposure symptoms like burning of tongue, lips, throat, abdominal pain, collapse or shock.
What Are The Contraindications Of Phosphoric Acid?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions: