What Are The Uses Of Phosphorus?
Phosphorus is an essential mineral required in the body for the repair and growth of cells and tissues. It is commonly found in the body as phosphate. Phosphorus is also important for performing other functions in the body like:
- Treating teeth and bone problems occurring due to phosphorus deficiency.
- Energy production
- Filter out waste from the body
- Synthesis of protein
- Act as a buffer, neutralizing acids to maintain normal pH in the blood
What Are The Side Effects Of Phosphorus?
Phosphorus is usually found in foods that we eat every day. It is safe when taken in appropriate quantities. However, an overdose can cause:
- Possible kidney damage
- Constipation or diarrhea, and stomach problems
- Increased calcium deposits in the tissues
- Limit the body's ability to absorb minerals like iron, magnesium, calcium, and zinc and interfere with their proper functioning.
What Are The Contraindications Of Phosphorus?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Calcium deficiency in the body
- Digestive disorders