What Are The Uses Of Pimecrolimus?
Pimecrolimus, a calcineurin inhibitor, is used in the treatment of following conditions:
- Atopic dermatitis (eczema).
- Red, irritated itchy skin.
What Are The Side Effects Of Pimecrolimus?
The most common side effects of Pimecrolimus are:
- Local irritation.
- Localised burning.
Sometimes severe side effects such as the following may also be observed:
- Local pruritus
- Long term use may cause cancer
- Signs of infection like fever / sore throat / rash / trouble breathing / itching / swelling
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Pimecrolimus?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hyper sensitivity towards the drug Pimecrolimus or any other allergies.
- Current infections
- Skin infections
- Immune system problems
- Breast feeding