What Are The Uses Of Pimozide?
Pimozide is an antipsychotic drug is used in the treatment of following conditions:
- Motor tic (uncontrolled movements)
- Vocal tic (outbursts of sounds/words)
- Tourette syndrome (nervous system disorder)
What Are The Side Effects Of Pimozide?
Some common side effects that may occur after taking pimozide are:
- Lightheadedness, weakness
- Drowsiness, dizziness, tiredness, dry mouth
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Pimozide?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug pimozide or any other allergies.
- Low white blood cell count
- Dementia, Depression, glaucoma
- Heart problems, low blood pressure
- Kidney/liver problems
- Slow movement of intestine/gut
- Breast cancer, brain disorder/tumor
- Seizures, Parkinson’s disease