What Are The Uses Of Pippali?
Pippali, also known as long pepper, is an Indian spice widely used in traditional medicine (Ayurveda). It:
- Reduces gas and bloating, fever, haemorrhoids, tumour formation, nervous system disorders and overweight.
- Treats indigestion, respiratory infections, cough, asthma, hiccups, respiratory disorders, skin disorders, menstrual disorders, amenorrhoea and dysmenorrhoea, impotence, libido, and premature ejaculation.
- Increases sperm mobility, circulation, sexual ability, fertility
- Cleanses the blood
- Detoxifies body
- Enhances the actions of other herbs when taken along with other herbal medicines.
- Benefits in case of anaemia, gallbladder, liver and spleen issues, arthritis, gout, sciatica, insomnia.
- Improves memory and intellect.
What Are The Side Effects Of Pippali?
An overdose can cause can cause burning sensation in the stomach.
What Are The Contraindications Of Pippali?