What Are The Uses Of Povidone Iodine?
Povidone-iodine, a broad spectrum antiseptic, is used:
- For treating and preventing wound infection.
- As a first aid for burns, minor cuts, abrasions grazes, and blisters.
- For prevention of conjunctivitis in new born babies.
It is used for topical application.
What Are The Side Effects Of Povidone Iodine?
Common side effects of Povidone Iodine are:
- Burning sensation at the site of application
- High blood sodium, kidney problems, and metabolic acidosis in the case of using it on large wounds.
What Are The Contraindications Of Povidone Iodine?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions: