What Are The Uses Of Pramipexole?
Pramipexole is a dopamine agonist belonging to class non-ergoline is used for the treatment of Parkinson’s disease and restless legs syndrome. It reduces the symptoms of Parkinson’s disease such as tremor (shaking), unsteadiness, slowed movements, stiffness and on and off episodes of symptoms. In case if restless legs syndrome it decreases the symptoms and improves sleep as symptoms majorly occur at night.
What Are The Side Effects Of Pramipexole?
Some common side effects that may occur after taking pramipexole are:
- Lightheadedness, constipation, dry mouth
- A headache, dizziness, nausea
- Trouble sleeping, drowsiness
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Pramipexole?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug pramipexole or any other allergies.
- Irregular heartbeat, low blood pressure (hypotension), and any heart disease
- Schizophrenia, psychosis, hallucinations, confusion
- Narcolepsy (chronic sleeping disorder), sleep apnea