What Are The Uses Of Pramoxine?
Pramoxine (topical) is a local anesthetic which numbs the skin at the injured area. It is used to relieve pain and itching caused due to:
- Minor skin irritation, sunburn
- Eczema (itchy, red and dry skin caused by inflammation)
- Insect bites, cold sores/rashes
- Poison sumac (a shrub that causes severe dermatitis)
- Poison ivy (climbing plant that causes itchy and painful rash)
- Haemorrhoids, anal fissures
What Are The Side Effects Of Pramoxine?
Burning or stinging may occur due to the administration of pramoxine. However, if some allergic reactions like rash, itching or swelling occur, please consult a physician immediately.
What Are The Contraindications Of Pramoxine?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug pramoxine or any other allergies.
- Deep/open/punctured wounds
- Broken/damaged/blistered skin