What Are The Uses Of Prasugrel?
Prasugrel is a platelet inhibitor and the irreversible antagonist is used to prevent the formation of blood clots especially in patients with unstable angina, or any heart surgery.
It is often used along with aspirin.
What Are The Side Effects Of Prasugrel?
Some common side effects that may after taking prasugrel are:
- Blood pressure (both high and low blood pressure)
- A headache, rash, fatigue, nausea
- Nose bleeding, excessive bleeding
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Prasugrel?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug prasugrel or any other allergies.
- Active pathological bleeding, peptic ulcer
- History of transient ischemic attack (a brief stroke-like attack), thrombotic stroke (stroke in brain due to blood clot formation in artery), intracranial hemorrhage (bleeding that occurs inside the skull)