What Are The Uses Of Primidone?
Primidone is used with or without other medications for treating people with:
- Generalized tonic-clonic seizures
- Partial (focal) epileptic seizures
- Complex partial (psychomotor) seizures
What Are The Side Effects Of Primidone?
Some of the common side effects of are:
- Severe drowsiness, dizziness
- Lack of control over body movements
These symptoms usually go away when you stop taking the medicine. However, please consult your doctor immediately if you experience:
- Decreased blood cell count
- Severe allergic reactions
- Suicide thoughts.
Please consult your doctor if any of the above symptoms persist for long.
What Are The Contraindications Of Primidone?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Drug addiction
- Porphyria (a rare disorder that affects the skin and nervous system)
- Pregnancy, breastfeeding