What Are The Uses Of Prochlorperazine maleate?
Prochlorperazine maleate is an antipsychotic and antiemetic drug used to balance brain chemicals called neurotransmitters. It is used in the treatment of following conditions:
- Severe nausea, dizziness, and vomiting caused by surgery, cancer therapy, migraines, vertigo.
What Are The Side Effects Of Prochlorperazine maleate?
Some common side effects that may be caused by the administration of prochlorperazine maleate are:
- Dry mouth, low blood pressure
- Insomnia, dizziness
- Drowsiness, constipation
- Blurred vision, lightheadedness
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Prochlorperazine maleate?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug prochlorperazine maleate or any other allergies.
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder (COPD)
- Blood / immune system disorders
- Glaucoma (high pressure in eye)
- Heart disease like irregular heartbeat
- Brain disorders
- Difficulty in urination
- Liver/ kidney disease