What Are The Uses Of Procyclidine?
Procyclidine is an anticholinergic drug that blocks the activity of acetylcholine. It is used in the treatment of following conditions:
- Symptoms of Parkinson’s disease like muscle stiffness, sweating, and production of saliva.
- Involuntary movements caused due to side effects of some antipsychotic drugs.
What Are The Side Effects Of Procyclidine?
Some common side effects that may occur due to the intake of procyclidine are:
- Constipation, nervousness
- Drowsiness, dizziness
- Flushing, dry mouth
- Blurred vision, nausea
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Procyclidine?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug procyclidine or any other allergies.
- Glaucoma (closure angle type)
- Ulcerative colitis, myasthenia gravis (muscle weakness disorder)
- Stomach / intestinal / esophagus blockage, blockage of bladder
- High blood pressure, breathing problems
- Heart/kidney/liver problems
- Seizures, mental/mood problems
- Hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid)