What Are The Uses Of Pueraria mirifica?
Pueraria Mirifica, also known as kwao kura, is found mainly in Thailand and Myanmar. Mostly its tubers are used in medicine. It is believed to:
- Aid in increase of breast size
- Increase libido, vaginal lubrication especially in menopausal women
- Increase collagen production, firmness, and elasticity of skin
- Increase bone strength by retaining bones calcium levels, appetite, prevent and treats osteoporosis
- Reduce hot flashes that occur with menopause, sleep disorders, prevent breast cancer
- Improve appearance of hair, reduces hair fall
However, there are no scientific studies to prove the above benefits.
What Are The Side Effects Of Pueraria mirifica?
Pueraria Mirifica is possibly safe, in some cases such as an overdose, it may cause side effects such as:
- Breast tenderness, bowel irritation
- Constipation, vomiting, fatigue
- Flatulence, diarrhea
- Loss of libido
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Pueraria mirifica?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug Pueraria Mirifica or any other allergies.
- Estrogen-dependent neoplasia (increased estrogen activity in body)
- Liver disease, anemia
- Pulmonary embolism (blockage of an artery in lungs)
- Pregnancy, breastfeeding