What Are The Uses Of Reviparin Sodium?
Reviparin Sodium is used as an anticoagulant which helps to prevent the formation of blood clots and the growth of it in the case of people suffering from certain conditions. Reviparin Sodium is also used to during medical procedures to prevent blood clots from occurring.
What Are The Side Effects Of Reviparin Sodium?
Some of the common but temporary side effects of Reviparin Sodium are:
- Redness, sores or bruising at the site of injection
- Nausea or vomiting
- Dark spots that appear near the mouth
- Lightheadedness and dizziness
- Black and tarry stools
- Tingling or burning sensation of the skin
Some of the severe but less common side effects associated with Reviparin Sodium are:
- Decreased blood pressure
- Increase in potassium levels
- Internal bleeding
If any of the side effects persist, please consult your doctor immediately.
What Are The Contraindications Of Reviparin Sodium?
If you have the following conditions, then inform your doctor before you start taking Reviparin Sodium:
- Pregnant or breastfeeding
- Suffering from diseases that may cause internal bleeding such as peptic ulcer, haemophilia (excessive bleeding due to blood not clotting properly) or impaired hemostasis (impaired blood clotting)
- Thrombocytopenia (low platelet level)
- Liver and kidney disease
- Severe hypertension
If you are having any other medication, supplements or herbs