What Are The Uses Of Ribavirin?
Ribavirin (used in combination with other antiviral medicines) for treating chronic hepatitis C.
What Are The Side Effects Of Ribavirin?
Some of the common side effects of are:
- Diarrhoea, stomach upset, weight loss or gain, low appetite, change in taste
- Nausea, headache, dizziness,
- Blurred vision, trouble sleeping
- A cough, dry skin, change in hearing
Please consult your doctor if any of the above symptoms persist for long.
What Are The Contraindications Of Ribavirin?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Any blood disorder
- Any kidney/liver problems, heart disease, hypertension
- Any breathing problems, diabetes, pancreas problems.