What Are The Uses Of Rifabutin?
Rifabutin, an antibiotic is used for:
- Preventing bacteria from multiplying in the body.
- Preventing mycobacterium avium complex (MAC) in people with HIV infection
- Treating tuberculosis in people with HIV.
What Are The Side Effects Of Rifabutin?
Some of the common side effects of Rifabutin are:
- Nausea, rash, abdominal pain
- A headache, and low blood neutrophil levels
- Muscles pain, uveitis.
Please consult your doctor if any of the above symptoms persist for long.
What Are The Contraindications Of Rifabutin?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Any liver/ kidney disease
- Any blood disorder