What Are The Uses Of Ringer lactate?
Ringer lactate (sodium lactate solution) is made from a mixture of sodium chloride and calcium chloride in water and is used for:
- Fluid retention after surgery (or) burn injury (or) trauma to balance the metabolism in the body.
- Injecting some medications into the patient’s body.
- Replacing fluids and electrolytes in those who have low blood volume or low blood pressure.
- Treatment of metabolic acidosis.
- Washing eye after a chemical burn.
What Are The Side Effects Of Ringer lactate?
The common side effects of ringer lactate (RL) are:
- High blood potassium
- Volume overload
- High blood calcium
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Ringer lactate?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Severe liver disease
- Sodium lactate allergy
- Severe metabolic acidosis (or) alkalosis