What Are The Uses Of Risperidone?
Risperidone, an atypical antipsychotic, is used for treating:
- Symptoms of bipolar disorder
- Irritability on autistic children
It works by balancing the chemicals in the brain and helps in thinking clearly.
What Are The Side Effects Of Risperidone?
Common side effects of risperidone are:
- Movement problems
- Constipation, increased weight
- Sleepiness, trouble seeing
What Are The Contraindications Of Risperidone?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Kidney disease, heart disease
- Liver disease
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Seizures, dementia, Parkinson's disease
- Low white blood cells
- Glaucoma, cataracts
- Personal or history of diabetes
- High cholesterol
- Sleep apnea