What Are The Uses Of Rivastigmine?
Rivastigmine is used for treating dementia related to Parkinson’s disease and Alzheimer’s disease.
It does not cure any of the diseases but only helps in minimizing symptoms like dementia, confusion, and inability to perform daily functions.
What Are The Side Effects Of Rivastigmine?
Common side effects of rivastigmine are:
- Loss of appetite/weight loss
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
- Dizziness, weakness, drowsiness
The above side effects usually last for initial few day till the time patient gets used to the medication. Please consult a doctor if symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Rivastigmine?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Breathing/ lung problems like asthma
- Intestinal / stomach problems like ulcers, bleeding
- Any heart disease
- Problems in urinating occurring due to enlarged prostate etc.
- Seizures, fainting