What Are The Uses Of Rofecoxib?
Rofecoxib is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug used in the treatment of following conditions:
- Pain, stiffness, and inflammation caused due to rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis (a type of arthritis where ends of bones wear down) and juvenile rheumatoid arthritis (chronic inflammatory disease).
- Menstrual pain, migraine
- Ankylosing Spondylitis (arthritis of spine)
- Gout (swelling of joints), post-operative pain
What Are The Side Effects Of Rofecoxib?
Some common side effects that may be caused by the administration of Rofecoxib are:
- Dizziness, fatigue
- Diarrhoea, high blood pressure, nausea
- Vomiting, abdominal pain
- A headache, constipation
- Heartburn, edema
- Gastritis, palpitations
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Rofecoxib?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug rofecoxib or any other allergies.
- Stomach/ kidney/ liver problems
- Heart diseases, stroke