What Are The Uses Of Ropinirole?
Ropinirole, a dopamine agonist, is used in the treatment of following conditions:
- Symptoms of Parkinson’s disease like tremor (shaking), slowed movement, stiffness, and unsteadiness. It also decreases the number of “on-off syndrome”.
Restless legs syndrome (RLS) (irresistible urge to move the legs, typically in evenings)
What Are The Side Effects Of Ropinirole?
Some common side effects that may be caused by the administration of ropinirole are:
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Ropinirole?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug ropinirole or any other allergies.
- Irregular heartbeat, psychosis, schizophrenia
- Kidney diseases, hypotension, narcolepsy
- Sleep apnea ( condition where breathing is disrupted during sleep)
- Liver disease, difficulty in walking