What Are The Uses Of Saccharomyces cerevisiae?
Saccharomyces cerevisiae is a type of yeast also known as savory yeast which is widely used in both food industry and pharmaceutical industry as a supplement. It:
- Is rich in proteins, thiamine, vitamins specially vitamin B and minerals like iron, selenium, potassium and zinc.
- Reduces the risk of cancer, confusion, fatigue
- Enhances immunity , vigour
- Lowers cholesterol levels
- Acts as antiviral and antibiotic agent.
- Treats chronic candida symptoms, diarrhoea, loss of appetite, lactose intolerance
- Improves digestion, mal-absorption
- Improves overall skin health, nail health
- Reduces skin aging, redness, spots
- Treats chronic acne
- Good source of folate which is helpful for pregnant women.
- Prevents birth defects.
What Are The Side Effects Of Saccharomyces cerevisiae?
Saccharomyces cerevisiae is usually safe but in some cases such as overdose, it may cause side effects such as:
- Migraine like headache
- Bloating, excess gas
- Mycosis (fungal disease)
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Saccharomyces cerevisiae?