What Are The Uses Of Salmeterol?
Salmeterol, a long acting beta2 adrenergic receptor agonist, is used in the treatment of following conditions:
- Control and prevention of asthma
- Bronco spasm ( wheezing, cough, shortness of breath)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
What Are The Side Effects Of Salmeterol?
In most cases, this drug doesn’t cause any side-effect.
Some patients may experience:
- Sinus infections
- Dry mouth/throat
- Stomach upset
Some severe (but rare) side effects are:
- High blood pressure
- Fast heart rate
- Worsening breathing problems
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Salmeterol?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hyper sensitivity towards the drug salmeterol or any other allergies
- Heart problems ( irregular heartbeat, angina)
- Liver problems
- Thyroid problems