What Are The Uses Of Sarapunkha?
Sarapunkha is an Ayurvedic herb also known as wild indigo. It is used in medicine. It:
- Treats liver diseases, hepatitis, cirrhosis, splenomegaly, abdominal tumour, bloating, dyspnoea, asthma, chronic respiratory disorders, eye diseases, bronchitis, eczema, scabies, nosebleeds, jaundice, anaemia, uterine fibroids, ovarian cysts, polycystic ovarian syndrome and fever.
- Relieves a cough, cold, fullness of stomach, upper abdominal pain, heartburn, indigestion, intestinal pain and acidity.
- Heals wounds, detoxifies blood
- Acts as an anti-diabetic, and anti-hyperlipidemic agent.
- Aids in weight loss
- Prevents cancer.
What Are The Side Effects Of Sarapunkha?
Sarpunkha is usually safe, but in some cases may cause side effects such as:
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Sarapunkha?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug sarpunkha or any other allergies.